If you have been struggling with snoring issues or CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) problems, custom oral devices may be your best option to a peaceful night of sleep!
Custom oral devices (specialized mouth retainers) have been well-researched, medically approved and supported by well-trained sleep medicine professionals as:
- a first line of treatment for snoring (without apnea)
- an excellent option for obstructive sleep apnea – a common but serious sleep disorder which can take YEARS off your life!
- a common alternative to CPAP(continuous positive airway pressure devices) therapy for the treatment of apnea
"A custom oral device may be your best option for snoring and apnea relief."
Many apnea individuals do not realize that they have a choice in their treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Although CPAP remains the best option for many apnea sufferers, many others, even with severe apnea have found relief of their symptoms and apnea events with professional oral devices.
MySleepDevice.com provides comprehensive, unbiased and well-researched information on snoring and apnea treatment with oral appliance therapy. MySleepDevice was created to help you achieve peaceful sleep, to help find a qualified physician or dentist near you, and to provide dentists who screen for or treat airway breathing disorders with articles and information to share with their patients.
In the medical field, custom oral devices (appliances) have multiple names:
- mandibular advancement device
- mandibular repositioning device
- mandibular advancement splint, and more.
These oral devices are differentiated greatly from self-molded internet type devices that you purchase on your own. There are over 3 decades of research behind oral appliance therapy which involves guidance from a trained dentist. The area of study within dentistry that involves the treatment of airway sleep breathing disorders with oral appliance therapy is called dental sleep medicine.
Whether you are just starting the path to a good night’s sleep, or know you already have apnea, a serious condition often related to snoring, My Sleep Device is here to guide you on your next step towards peaceful sleep. If you already have a professional dental oral device, our resource section can help you towards more long term successful treatment.
Don't Miss Out! Join Our Newsletter For Updates on Snoring-Apnea Devices
Don't Miss Out! Get Updates On Snoring & Sleep Apnea Devices
To help you save time, pick which of the scenarios below sounds most like you...
These articles/links will be helpful:
These articles will be helpful:
- Most Recommended Snoring Treatments by Sleep Trained Medical Professionals
- Oral Appliance: A Great Way to Treat Snoring: A Video
- Are Dental Oral Devices That Treat Snoring Covered by Insurance?
- A Wise Word About Internet or Over The Counter Snoring Devices
- Not All Sleep Dentists Are Created Equal: Where to Find a Qualified Snoring and Sleep Apnea Dentist
Thanks for visiting MySleepDevice.com.
It is our intent that the information of My Sleep Device helps you get to a good night’s sleep as quickly as possible. Good, healthy sleep is such an important avenue to improving your quality of life and others’ around you. Too many people struggle for years only to find that their quality of life improved quickly after taking the plunge with custom oral devices.
As we learn more from our commitment to continuing education in the field of sleep medicine, we will keep you informed in the world of oral appliance therapy.
To a good night sleep!
Lydia Sosenko, DDS, D’ABDSM
(Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine)