Today we are highlighting the SomnoDent Avant dental sleep appliance.
The Avant dental device is one of the newest oral appliances devices released by the SomnoMed company.
SomnoMed began its path in oral appliance therapy in 2004 in Sydney, Australia, and branching out with a North American office opening in 2006.
There are over 100 professionally fabricated oral appliances for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Basic Features and Benefits:
- The world’s first milled oral device with a soft liner designed for excellent comfort
- The CAD-CAM manufacturing system is optimal for a precise fit
- SomnoDent Avant Advancement Straps provide simple calibration in 1mm increments
- The availability of 10 straps with 1 mm increments provides an exceptional range for advancements and patients who have a large front to back jaw movement capability
- 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Currently, there are only 1mm increments for advancements – at times smaller increments may be better tolerated by the user
- The SomnoMed lab is requesting when changes are needed for “loosening” or “tightening” the fit for the drive to be sent back to the lab instead of chairside adjustments by the dentists due to the digital design process – this may delay receiving the device
- Video – How to Adjust (Advance) the Somnodent FUSION Sleep Device – Make sure you view the timestamps in the video description
- SomnoDent Avant Advancing and Cleaning Tips
- Oral Appliance Sleep Log & 7 Habits of Successful Oral Appliance users
- READ my blog about 7 Habits of Highly Successful Sleep Apnea Dental Device Users
IMPORTANT: Many doctor-patient parameters are taken into account as to which oral appliance is best suited for an individual. Your oral appliance dentist can help decide which device is most appropriate for you and your dental/oral condition. These helpful resources are general in nature and for educational purposes only. Please consult with your dentist prior to making adjustments to your oral appliance device.