Hi, I’m Dr. Lydia Sosenko, a general dentist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. I’ve been treating snoring and apnea patients for over 20 years with professional oral devices. Although my colleagues and I in the field of dental sleep medicine are fortunate enough to change the lives of many patients suffering from snoring and apnea, we share common frustrations and the need to build awareness of oral appliance therapy.
Oral appliance therapy is a proven and commonly prescribed treatment choice for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, a common sleep breathing disorder. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to see patients struggle for YEARS, with snoring, apnea and CPAP dilemmas, and then have their lives changed in as short as a few nights or weeks of wearing a custom oral device.
It is my mission to help guide individuals suffering from snoring and apnea to quicker treatment and to provide dentists who screen for or treat snoring and apnea patients with articles and information in the field of snoring, apnea and oral appliance therapy to share with their patients.
Together let’s not only improve the sleep of our friends, families, and patients but let’s improve their quality of lives, their relationships and even extend their lives!
Dr. Sosenko’s experience includes:
- Graduate of University of Illinois College of Dentistry in Chicago
- Began working with snoring and apnea patients in 1996
- Became a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine in 2006 (1st in DuPage County where she practiced in Naperville, Illinois)
- In 2007 began educational presentations to dentists and the public on the topic of dental sleep medicine and served on the Public Awareness Committee of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- In 2013 began working with The Center for Sleep Medicine in northern Illinois, a premiere sleep disorders facility that includes physicians, psychologists, dentists and technicians all focusing on sleep disorders.
MySleepDevice.com is an educational only website created by Dr. Lydia Sosenko. To request an appointment with Dr.Sosenko for oral appliance therapy in Northern Illinois, visit: https://drlydiasosenko.com/.